The past year has not been easy for any instructor, but the ICT Educator Webinar Series has been an overwhelming success at keeping faculty and staff connected to each other and to valuable resources for their students during remote learning and beyond.
A recent survey of webinar attendees found that 42% of respondents showed or used material from the series in their courses, while 37% changed or updated their curriculum with new technologies they learned about during a webinar. Nearly 30% began using virtual lab technology and recommended the webinars to their students.
Some of the most popular webinars from fall 2020 were:
- What Educators Need to Know About the California Cybersecurity Career Education Pipeline and Pathway Project
- Google Career Certificates: Updates and How to Get Involved
- The Future Is Here Five Years Early: Pandemic Acceleration
- Cloud Curriculum Pathways: Updates and Coming Attractions in the Bay Region
- Introduction to Competency-Based Education for ICT Educators and Administrators
Webinar attendees valued the opportunity to learn about new resources and work being done in other parts of the state that they might not have heard about otherwise.
“The ICT educator webinars give us an efficient and effective way to keep apprised of tools, best practices, opportunities, and tech trends,” said Linda Fischer, an ICT Instructor at Butte College.
“ICT is the crystal ball of education in California, allowing the cutting-edge work done in California schools to travel beyond the campus or the state so that multitudes of beleaguered educators can find new solutions to their old problems,” said Andy LaBrune, a Senior Office Assistant at LA Harbor College.
Webinars planned for the spring semester include:
- Critical Topics for Community College CTE Programs in 2021
- Overview: ISACA a Global Technology Association and Their Commitment Towards Supporting Higher Education
- How to Utilize Cisco’s Talent Bridge Program to Enhance Student Success
- 2021 Hiring Trends and Salary Outlook for Creative and IT Jobs, with Robert Half
- Cloud Curriculum Pathways: Updates and Community Attractions in Southern California
To register for these events and access recordings from previous webinars, visit ictdmsector.org/educator-webinars/.